In order to ensure that your examination is done properly and your images reflect an accurate reading please follow the following instructions.
We kindly ask you to avoid wearing any perfumes or fragrances to our clinic!
Breast & Upper Body Thermography
1. Do not wear restrictive clothing such as a bra to the exam
2. No prolonged sun exposure (especially sunburn) to the breast 5 days prior to your exam.
3. No use of lotions, creams, powders, or makeup on the breast the day of the exam.
4. No use of deodorants or antiperspirants the day of your exam.
5. No physical stimulation or treatment of the breasts for 24 hours before the exam.
6. No treatments (chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, physical therapy, electrical muscle stimulation, ultrasound, hot or cold pack use) of the neck, back, chest or breasts for 24 hours before the exam.
7. Avoid exercise for 4 hours prior to your exam.
8. No shaving on the day of the exam to avoid skin abrasions.
9. Avoid bathing for 1 hour prior to exam.
10. If you are nursing, please try to abstain from nursing for a minimum of 1 hour prior to exam.
11. No warm or cold beverages 2 hours prior to imaging.
12. Do not drink alcohol 12 hours prior to the test.
13. If you are using pain medications, please avoid taking them for 4 hours prior to the examination. Please consult with your prescribing physician for his/her consent prior to any change in medication use such as this.
Cranial, Dental, Thyroid Thermography
1. Do not apply any products, lotions or make-up to the face before imaging.
2. Avoid taking any decongestants or pain medications for at least 4 hours prior to imaging.
3. No hot or cold beverages within 2 hours of imaging.
4. Avoid brushing teeth for at least 2 hours prior to imaging.
Surgical procedures such as implants, reductions, and biopsies do not interfere with infrared imaging.
Breast infrared imaging is perfectly safe to have during pregnancy or when nursing.
If you have copies of any other test results (e.g. mammograms, ultrasounds, biopsies) please bring them with you.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our office.
© Copyright 2019 Thermography Clinic Kitchener Inc.